It’s time to wake up to the facts about sleep disorders.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claim that sleep deprivation is a public health epidemic.
- Over 70 million people in the U.S. have a sleep problem, and for 40 million adults, it’s a chronic condition.
- More than 75 percent of adults say their partner has a sleep-related problem, with snoring being the most common complaint.
- People who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, obesity, and cancer.
- According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, there are over 250,000 sleep-related traffic accidents each year, many resulting in disability and death.
- Sleep disorders in children may lead to irritability, lack of focus in class, sleepiness in school, hyperactive behavior, and learning problems.
Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
The Center for Sleep Disorders is the premier sleep center and the only sleep center with a pediatric sleep specialist in our region. We are a clinic and testing facility designed to diagnose and treat people who suffer from problems with sleep. With state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment services, rest assure that we have the expertise that can help patients sleep better.
To make an appointment, call 903-877-7916.
To contact the sleep lab, call 903-877-5911.
Conditions We Commonly Treat
- Sleep apnea
- Jet lag disorder
- Sleep talking
- Sleep walking
- Restless leg syndrome
- Rapid eye movement (REM) behavior disorder
- Other abnormal sleep behaviors