The staff at UT Health East Texas Behavioral Health take every precaution to protect the confidentiality of each of our patients. Upon admission each patient is given an identification number. Patients are free to give their ID number to family members or friends from whom they would like to receive a phone call or visit. Without this number, no one will be allowed to visit or call a patient. The staff will not acknowledge whether someone is a patient here without being given the ID number.
Belongings brought in for patients
All items brought in for a patient must be listed on a form that can be obtained from the receptionist. Please list each item and give the form to the staff members stationed in the lobby. A staff member will go through the items and identify any the patient may not have. We encourage you to take those items with you when you leave.
Patients are not allowed to have certain items on the units, including:
- Home medications
- Glass or metal containers
- Cellphones and pagers
- Tobacco products, lighters and matches
- Jewelry (watch and wedding rings allowed)
- Razors, including electric
- Shoelaces, belts and drawstrings
- Underwire bras
- Aerosol and metal beverage cans
- Food, candy, gum and beverages
- Nail files and clippers
- Mirrors and compact mirrors
- Hair dryers
- Ink pens and pencils
- Curling irons, flat irons and electric curlers
- Electric toothbrush and toothpicks
- Metal picks, combs, rakes and brushes
- Caps, hats and sunglasses
- Tongue, navel and facial rings and studs
- Movies, CDs and DVDs
- Computers and tablets, etc.
- Pocket games
- Musical instruments
- Radios, recorders and CD players
- Boots and steel toe shoes
- Pantyhose and hosiery of any kind
- Products containing alcohol
- Cologne, perfume and shaving lotion
- Dental floss, Q-tips and mouthwash
- Notebooks with metal parts
- Coat hangers
- Purses and contents of purses
- Safety pins, paper clips and staples
- Plants and floral arrangements
This is not a complete list. Our staff may identify other prohibited items when verifying items brought in for patients.
Absolutely no food items (including candy and gum) or beverages may be brought into the facility for a patient.
Outpatient treatment is covered by most group and personal insurance policies, including Medicare. When you set your appointment, you will be asked to provide your insurance information for verification. If your policy does not cover this level of treatment, you will be informed before your appointment. A payment plan can be provided for those who do not have insurance coverage.
For an appointment or more information call 903-877-7000.
We believe in East Texas – its spirit and its people, its history and its future. Already home to a community of people dedicated to delivering compassionate service, we are thrilled about what it means for us that ETMC joined the UT Health family in 2018. This partnership means we can deliver greater access to world-class medicine, health centers, technology and research.
Together, we will fight for healthier neighborhoods and for higher qualities of life. We have hope not only in these new state-of-the-art healthcare and services, but in the people who have made this community strong for so many years.
The UT Health system has one mission: bringing East Texas the world-class care it deserves.
- A network of hospitals and clinics
- Specialized centers of healthcare excellence
- Regional rehabilitation/fitness network
- Regional trauma/emergency system
- Regional home health coverage
- Extensive healthcare delivery programs
Privacy & Compliance
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us.
Emergency Infant Care Provider Location
Duty to Report and Protection if Reporting
The Behavioral Health Clinic is located on the back side of UT Health North Campus Tyler behind the Riter Center. Parking is available in Lot F. The entrance to the building is in Zone F. For a map of the UT Health North Tyler Campus Tyler please click here.